RIE® Associate and P.E.T. (Parent Effectiveness Training) instructor Michelle Cescatti has a P.E.T. class starting Tuesday, April 24 in Atwater Village. It's 8 Tuesday evenings from 6:30-9:30 pm.
P.E.T. gives you practical skills to communicate with your children, creating a more peaceful and satisfying relationship. Specifically, you will learn to:
- Listen empathically to your children so they feel truly understood.
- Communicate your needs without having to resort to coercion.
- Reduce problems and conflict, thereby strengthening your relationship.
- Resolve conflicts using the No-Lose method, so that everyone’s needs are met.
- Collaborate with your children in setting family rules.
- Help your children develop self-control, rational thinking, and a sense of personal responsibility.
- Gain trust that will last through the teen years.