Dr. Laura Markham in Conversation with Julie Cusmariu
Dr. Laura Markham chatted with podcast host Julie Cusmariu, certified life coach and mentor coach, on her weekly podcast series #Motherhood#LetsCreateAVillage, and said, “Part of it is giving yourself a break. You don’t have to do everything at once. It’s important for parents to realize that in a way you can postpone everything but love.”
From Dr. Markham's FB page, Here's what they talked about:
-The importance of filling our own cup and taking care of ourselves as parents/caregivers.
- Preventative maintenance practices- 5 practices you can immediately use that will fill up your child’s emotional cup and avoid emotional breakdowns.
- How to emotionally coach your child and teach them about their own emotions.
- Teaching peace in the home: what does that mean and how can we do it?
- The significance and rewards of working on yourself and healing your own past.
- Scripts and tools on setting limits with empathy and creating positive and meaningful connections with your child and between siblings.
- How to bring greater ease to the bedtime routine.
Listen to the interview here.